Log in Subscribe

Error on your tax return? Relax and amend it

Posted 4/14/23

An amended tax return generally allows you to file again to correct a mistake in your filing status, your income or to add deductions or credits you may have missed. Here are some points the IRS wants you to know about amending your federal tax return.

Generally, you do not need to file an amended return due to math errors. The IRS will automatically make those corrections. Also, do not file an amended return because you forgot to attach forms such as W-2s or schedules. The IRS normally will send you a request asking for those.

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in