Log in Subscribe
Real estate

Is your property tax determination incorrect? File an appeal!

Posted 1/19/24

If you believe the assessed value or tax class of your property is incorrect, you can file an appeal with the city’s Tax Commission. The commission is distinct from the Department of Finance and has the authority to review the assessed value and related matters set by the Property Division of the Department of Finance. The Tax Commission will not review the market value set by the Property Division.  

Once the assessment roll is published by the Department of Finance on Jan. 15th, property owners will get a notice of property value detailing the assessed value, exemptions (STAR, senior citizen, veteran’s, disability, clergy, J51, 421A or nonprofit), market value and description. 

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in