Log in Subscribe

What to do about a missing or corrected W-2 form

Posted 3/3/23

Before you file your 2022 tax return, you should make sure you have all the needed documents including all your Form W-2s. You should receive a Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, from each of your employers. Employers had until Jan. 31 to send you a 2022 Form W-2 earnings statement.

If your name, Social Security number, or any dollar amount is incorrect, ask your employer to issue you a corrected W-2, which will be labeled W-2c. Form W-2c typically reports information in two columns: “previously reported” and “correct information.” You will need to make sure that the information from the “correct information” column is what is ultimately reported as your W-2 information. If you haven’t received your W-2, follow these four steps:

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in